Advent & Christmas 2020 at St. Brigid of Kildare
Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & New Year’s Day Mass Reservations
- Reservations are limited to groups of 6. If your immediate family has more than 6, make a reservation for 6 then contact the parish office at (614) 761-3734.
- If you need to cancel or edit your reservation, you can do so in your confirmation email or by calling the parish office.
- Masks are required to be worn in all parish buildings. Please do not come if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please remember the Octave Masses are held every day between Christmas and New Year, and do not require reservations to attend. There will be special Christmas music at all of these Masses. See below for the schedule.
- Reservations are required to attend any Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or New Year’s Day Mass. After making a reservation, you will receive a confirmation email. You will receive another email with more details a few days prior to the Mass you are registered for.
- Seats will be assigned in all buildings in order to accommodate the most people safely in the spaces. Check-in with a greeter upon arrival, who will seat your family when all members are present (no printed reservation is necessary). More details will be provided via email.
- Reservations close December 18 at noon.
Christmas Mass Schedule 2020:
All Masses will be livestreamed.
December 24: 4:00 PM (livestream only), 6:30 PM, 9:00 PM
December 25: 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM
December 26: 5:00 PM
December 27: 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM
December 28, 29, 30, 31: 5:30 PM
January 1: 11:00 AM
Reservations are required to attend any Masses on December 24, 25 or January 1.
Reservations will be available here beginning December 1 at 9 AM.
Reservations will close December 18 at noon.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Advent is a wonderful time to receive the gift of God’s love through the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Offered Mondays, December 7, 14 and 21 from 7-8:00 PM in the church, sign up required.
Advent by Candlelight
- Click here to view a list of Advent By Candlelight 2020 Virtual Resources
- Click here to watch the Advent By Candlelight 2020 Video
- Click here to view the Advent By Candlelight 2020 Playlist
Vespers is a sunset evening prayer service using spoken word and music to give thanks for the day while also asking for God’s peace in the evening.
Attend virtual Vespers through YouTube on each of the four Sundays in Advent (November 29th, December 6th, December 13th, and December 20th) at 5:00 pm.
Taize is a simple, meditative form of worship, calling us to dwell deeply on Christ’s presence around and within us. Calm your heart and mind with this beautiful combination of song, silence and contemplation. We suggest you be prepared to light a candle during the service.
Attend virtually through YouTube on December 16, 6:30 pm. Visit our YouTube page here.
Knights of Columbus Virtual Family Rosary
The St. Brigid Knights of Columbus would like to invite all families of the parish to join us for a virtual Rosary on Monday, December 7th from 7:00PM to 7:30PM. This event will provide us an opportunity to celebrate the Advent season as a community while adhering to social distancing guidelines. Don’t worry if you are new to or unfamiliar with the Rosary, all prayers will be shared electronically for convenience and ease of following along. Please use the link below and credentials to sign in:
Meeting ID: 870 5078 3647
For additional questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will not be any trees with paper ornaments this year in the Church’s Gathering Area, but instead all donation opportunities are listed by organization on the Sign-up Genius link here. Please click on the “sign up” tab next to the item you would like to donate – you will receive an email reminding you of your selection and the due date.
If you choose to make a financial donation, click here.
Advent Faith Formation Opportunities
Bethlehem – House of Bread
The word Bethlehem means House of Bread. Knowing that we would be hungry, Jesus chose to leave us with a lasting gift of himself. Join with others to explore this most wondrous gift.
Monday mornings at 10:30 am from Nov 30th – Dec 21st;
to attend, please register and see more info here.
Advent Pause for Prayer
This reflective prayer combines music and silence and focuses on the themes of Advent. It lasts about 15 minutes.
Monday evenings at 7:00 pm from Nov 30th – Dec 21st;
no registration required. To join, use the following ZOOM information: Meeting ID: 830 8325 1604, Passcode: PAUSE
Advent: A Time of Waiting
In the midst of this season of darkness and hope, wisdom and foolishness, we enter into the liturgical season of Advent – a time for waiting. Join us to take time to slow down and look at what we might learn in these uncertain times.
Tuesday evenings December 1st – 22nd, 7:00pm; to attend, please register and see more info here.
Grieving During Advent
For those who grieve, the season of Advent and the holidays often intensify the feelings of loss. Please join with others who share that loss. We take time to learn from ourselves and comfort each other.
Monday, December 2nd at 7:00 pm; to attend, please email email@example.com.
Advent Upside Down
This Advent, along with so many other things, is very different from other Advents we have known. Join a virtual Advent Prayer each week as we quietly pray our way towards Bethlehem.
December 3, 10 and 17 at 7:00 pm; to attend, register and see more info here.
The Little Blue Books
The Little Blue Book is a daily devotional for the season of Advent. Pick up a copy of the book from the Parish Office or outside the west doors of the Church.
Dynamic Catholic’s Best Advent Ever
This year, Matthew Kelly will be giving powerful daily video reflections on the Gospel readings all through Advent. And we’re calling it Let Your Soul Shine—because that’s what the world needs from you now more than ever!
Light ‘Em Up
100 ways to light up your community with kindness this Christmas season.