Knights of Columbus Scholarship
The St. Brigid of Kildare Knights of Columbus Scholarship was established to provide tuition assistance to high school seniors preparing to enter post-secondary school who are:
- a St. Brigid of Kildare registered parishioner
- are in need of financial assistance
- in good academic standing
The Knights of Columbus Scholarship program was established to honor deceased Brother Knights. Funding has been made from various contributors from St. Brigid Parish, Knights of Columbus Council activities and other outside sources.
Rules and Regulations
- Applicant must be a high school senior whom is Catholic and is a registered parishioner of St. Brigid of Kildare.
- Current GPA must be a minimum of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent). A current high school transcript must be submitted.
- Applications must be prepared and submitted by the applying student.
- Applications must be received by the Scholarship Committee* prior to the official deadline, which is April 15th .
*Scholarship Committee shall consist of the Youth Minister at St. Brigid, deceased Brother Knights’ widows, the Grand Knight, the Deputy Grand Knight and other Brother Knights as deemed necessary.
- Financial need as presented by the student.
- Scholastic achievement (GPA).
- Scholastic honors and extra-curricular school activities.
- Involvement in St. Brigid of Kildare Parish programs and activities.
- Involvement in local community programs and activities.
- Work history during high school.
- Preference may be given to children of current Knights of Columbus in the event of any ties.