Church Updates May 1, 2021
Click here to view a video message from Monsignor Hendricks’s regarding the changes going into place May 1, 2021.
As we continue to monitor the changing environment caused by the Coronavirus pandemic, we are announcing the following changes that will take place beginning May 1, 2021:
- Seating in the church will be open in every other pew (rather than every third pew as it is currently).
- The church will be open for private prayer in the main sanctuary from 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday – Friday. The tabernacle will remain in the main sanctuary.
- There will be one cantor stationed in the choir loft, surrounded by a plexiglass barrier.
- Our Baptism, Wedding and Funeral guidelines are being updated and the most recent versions will be available on the virtual resources webpage here.
Our protocols that will remain unchanged include:
- Mass times remain the same (M-F 9:00 AM, Sat 5:00 PM, Sun 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM).
- Masks are required to be worn at all times in the church.
- Communion will be offered at the conclusion of Mass, as you exit the building.
- The chapel and cry room remain closed (due to recommendations based on their ventilation systems and size).
- Hand sanitizing stations are available upon entering the church (please use when you enter the church).
- The church is cleaned daily following CDC guidelines.
- Please do not enter any of the parish buildings if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- We will continue our daily livestream Masses available on our YouTube and Facebook pages.
We continue to constantly assess all of our protocols and take guidance from public health experts, local government, the Diocese of Columbus, as well as our own task force planning committee.
We appreciate your continued support and prayers as we work to provide the safest environment for our community. Please continue to keep those affected by this virus in innumerable ways in your prayers.
Sincerely in Christ,
Rev. Msgr. Joseph M. Hendricks