Each of us is called to a God given vocation.
In the Catholic Church we recognize the following primary vocations: marriage, priesthood, religious life for men and for women and single life. Within those primary states in life people follow additional callings such as Deacon, teacher, nurse, physician, lawyer, etc. Sometimes it takes a long time to see where God is calling us to use our gifts. We begin by searching, by asking God to show us, by seeing what our gifts are and by considering the gifts others see in us.
- Marriage at St. Brigid of Kildare
- Marriage and pre-marriage and the Single Life (Diocesan Marriage & Family Life Office)
- Priesthood (Diocesan Vocations Office)
- Permanent Diaconate (Diocesan Deacon Office)
- Consecrated Virginity (Diocesan Chancery Office 614-224-2251)
- For information on various communities of religious women and religious men, see the Diocese of Columbus website.
Need someone to talk to about what vocation you feel called to follow? Consider talking with our Pastor, our Parochial Vicar, one of our deacons or sisters, or consider talking with a favorite teacher, a grandparent, an Aunt or Uncle or a friend who will be really honest with you.