Our parish sends a weekly Gospel Reflection written by our clergy.
To sign up, either stop in the parish office to let them know you’d like to sign up, or click here and make sure you check the “Gospel Reflections” box.
Scroll below to read our most recent Gospel Reflections.
- Gospel Reflection May 22 – Msgr. HendricksSunday, May 22 Sixth Sunday of Easter John 14: 23-29 Gospel:Jesus said to his disciples:“Whoever loves me will keep my word,and my Father will love him,and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.Whoever does not love me does not keep my words;yet the word you hear is not minebut that of…Read More
- Gospel Reflection May 15 – Fr. LynchSunday, May 15 Fifth Sunday of Easter John 13:31-33a, 34-35 Gospel:When Judas had left them, Jesus said,“Now is the Son of Man glorified, and God is glorified in him.If God is glorified in him,God will also glorify him in himself,and God will glorify him at once.My children, I will be with you only a little…Read More
- Gospel Reflection May 8 – Deacon PaulSunday, May 8 Fourth Sunday of Easter John 10: 27 – 30 Gospel:Jesus said:“My sheep hear my voice;I know them, and they follow me.I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish.No one can take them out of my hand.My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all,and no one can…Read More
- Gospel Reflection May 1 – Deacon FrankSunday, May 1 Third Sunday of Easter John 21: 1-19 Gospel:At that time, Jesus revealed himself again to his disciples at the Sea of Tiberias.He revealed himself in this way.Together were Simon Peter, Thomas called Didymus,Nathanael from Cana in Galilee,Zebedee’s sons, and two others of his disciples.Simon Peter said to them, “I am going fishing.”They…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Apr 24 – Sr. TeresaSunday, April 24 Second Sunday of EasterSunday of Divine Mercy John 20: 19-31 Gospel:On the evening of that first day of the week,when the doors were locked, where the disciples were,for fear of the Jews,Jesus came and stood in their midstand said to them, “Peace be with you.”When he had said this, he showed them…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Apr 17 – Msgr. HendricksSunday, April 17 Easter Sunday the Resurrection of the Lord John 20: 1-9 Gospel:On the first day of the week,Mary of Magdala came to the tomb early in the morning,while it was still dark,and saw the stone removed from the tomb.So she ran and went to Simon Peterand to the other disciple whom Jesus loved,…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Apr 10 – Fr. LynchSunday, April 10 Palm Sunday of the Lord’s Passion Lk 22:14—23:56 Gospel:When the hour came,Jesus took his place at table with the apostles.He said to them,“I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer,for, I tell you, I shall not eat it againuntil there is fulfillment in the kingdom of God.”Then…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Apr 3 – Deacon PaulSunday, April 3 Fifth Sunday of Lent John 8: 1 – 11 Gospel:Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.But early in the morning he arrived again in the temple area,and all the people started coming to him,and he sat down and taught them.Then the scribes and the Pharisees brought a womanwho had been caught in…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Mar 27 – Deacon FrankSunday, March 27 Fourth Sunday of Lent Luke 15: 1-3, 11-32 Gospel:Tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to listen to Jesus,but the Pharisees and scribes began to complain, saying,“This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”So to them Jesus addressed this parable:“A man had two sons, and the younger son said to his…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Mar 20 – Sr. TeresaSunday, March 20 Third Sunday of Lent Luke 13: 1-9 Gospel: Some people told Jesus about the Galileanswhose blood Pilate had mingled with the blood of their sacrifices.Jesus said to them in reply,“Do you think that because these Galileans suffered in this waythey were greater sinners than all other Galileans?By no means!But I tell you,…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Mar 13 – Msgr. HendricksSunday, March 13 Second Sunday of Lent Luke 9:28b – 36 Gospel:Jesus took Peter, John, and Jamesand went up the mountain to pray.While he was praying his face changed in appearanceand his clothing became dazzling white.And behold, two men were conversing with him, Moses and Elijah,who appeared in glory and spoke of his exodusthat he…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Mar 6 – Fr. LynchSunday, March 6 First Sunday of Lent Luke 4: 1-13 Gospel:Filled with the Holy Spirit, Jesus returned from the Jordanand was led by the Spirit into the desert for forty days,to be tempted by the devil.He ate nothing during those days,and when they were over he was hungry.The devil said to him,“If you are the…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Feb 27 – Deacon PaulSunday, February 27 Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time Luke 6: 39-45 Gospel:Jesus told his disciples a parable,“Can a blind person guide a blind person?Will not both fall into a pit?No disciple is superior to the teacher;but when fully trained,every disciple will be like his teacher.Why do you notice the splinter in your brother’s eye,but do…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Feb 20 – Deacon DonSunday, February 20 Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time Luke 6: 27-38 Gospel:Jesus said to his disciples:“To you who hear I say,love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.To the person who strikes you on one cheek,offer the other one as well,and from the…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Feb 13 – Deacon FrankSunday, February 13 Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time Luke 6: 23ab Gospel:Jesus came down with the Twelveand stood on a stretch of level groundwith a great crowd of his disciplesand a large number of the peoplefrom all Judea and Jerusalemand the coastal region of Tyre and Sidon.And raising his eyes toward his disciples he said:“Blessed…Read More