Our parish sends a weekly Gospel Reflection written by our clergy.
To sign up, either stop in the parish office to let them know you’d like to sign up, or click here and make sure you check the “Gospel Reflections” box.
Scroll below to read our most recent Gospel Reflections.
- Gospel Reflection Feb 5 – Msgr. HendricksSunday, February 5 Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time Matthew 5: 13-16 Gospel: Jesus said to his disciples: “You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Jan 29 – Fr. LynchSunday, January 29 Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time Matthew 5: 1-12a Gospel: When Jesus saw the crowds, he went up the mountain, and after he had sat down, his disciples came to him. He began to teach them, saying: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Jan 22 – Deacon PaulSunday, January 22 Third Sunday in Ordinary Time Matthew 4: 12-23 Gospel: When Jesus heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew to Galilee. He left Nazareth and went to live in Capernaum by the sea, in the region of Zebulun and Naphtali, that what had been said through Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled:…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Jan 15 – Deacon FrankSunday, January 15 Second Sunday in Ordinary Time John 1:29-34 Gospel: John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said,“Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.He is the one of whom I said,‘A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of mebecause he existed before me.’I did…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Jan 8 – Sr. TeresaSunday, January 8 The Epiphany of the Lord Matthew 2: 1-12 Gospel: When Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of King Herod, behold, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying, “Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star at its rising and have come to do…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Jan 1 – Kim VanHuffelSunday, January 1 The Octave Day of Christmas Solemnity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of God Luke 2: 16-21 Gospel: The shepherds went in haste to Bethlehem and found Mary and Joseph, and the infant lying in the manger. When they saw this, they made known the message that had been told them…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Dec 25 – Deacon SteveSunday, December 25 The Nativity of the Lord John: 1: 1-18 Gospel: In the beginning was the Word, He was in the beginning with God. All things came to be through him, What came to be through him was life, the light shines in the darkness, A man named John was sent from God….Read More
- Gospel Reflection Dec 18 – Msgr. HendricksSunday, December 18 Fourth Sunday of Advent Mathew: 1: 18-24 Gospel: When John the Baptist heard in prison of the works of the Christ, he sent his disciples to Jesus with this question, “Are you the one who is to come, or should we look for another?” Jesus said to them in reply, “Go and…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Dec 11 – Fr. LynchSunday, December 11 Third Sunday of Advent Mathew: 11: 2-11 Gospel: When John the Baptist heard in prison of the works of the Christ, he sent his disciples to Jesus with this question, “Are you the one who is to come, or should we look for another?” Jesus said to them in reply, “Go and…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Dec 4 – Deacon PaulSunday, December 4 Second Sunday of Advent Mathew: 3: 1-12 Gospel: John the Baptist appeared, preaching in the desert of Judea and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!” It was of him that the prophet Isaiah had spoken when he said: A voice of one crying out in the desert, Prepare…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Nov 27 – Deacon FrankSunday, November 27 First Sunday of Advent Mathew: 24: 37-44 Gospel: Jesus said to his disciples: “As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. In those days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Nov 20 – Sr. TeresaSunday, November 20 The Solemnity of our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe Luke 23: 35-43 Gospel: The rulers sneered at Jesus and said, “He saved others, let him save himself if he is the chosen one, the Christ of God.” Even the soldiers jeered at him. As they approached to offer him wine…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Oct 30 – Msgr. HendricksSunday, October30 Thirty-first Sunday in Ordinary Time Luke 19: 1-10 Gospel: At that time, Jesus came to Jericho and intended to pass through the town. Now a man there named Zacchaeus, who was a chief tax collector and also a wealthy man, was seeking to see who Jesus was; but he could not see him…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Oct 23 – Fr. LynchSunday, October 23 Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time Luke 18: 9-14 Gospel: Jesus addressed this parable to those who were convinced of their own righteousness and despised everyone else. “Two people went up to the temple area to pray; one was a Pharisee and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee took up his…Read More
- Gospel Reflection Oct 16 – Deacon PaulSunday, October16 Twenty-ninth Sunday in Ordinary Time Luke 18: 1-8 Gospel: Jesus told his disciples a parable about the necessity for them to pray always without becoming weary. He said, “There was a judge in a certain town who neither feared God nor respected any human being. And a widow in that town used to…Read More